Period underwear has been around for a while, but most women don’t know about it. That’s because the menstrual products industry is dominated by multinationals who want to keep us in the dark. It’s time to shed light on this topic so we can all start having better periods.
- They’re comfortable. Period underwear is designed to be comfortable, and they’re designed to fit you perfectly. So, if you have difficulty finding panties that don’t ride up or feel too tight around the waist, period undies are a great alternative.
- They don’t leak. One of the most significant benefits of switching over from tampons or pads is that there’s no risk of leaks. This means less mess and less stress–especially since there’s no need for extra liners in case something happens unexpectedly (like when you sneeze).
- They wash easily–and dry quickly too. Since these products don’t contain any absorbent materials like cotton or rayon fiberfill, they can be machine washed at high temperatures without shrinking or losing shape during the drying process–no matter how many times it happens within one week.
- Reduce the amount of waste produced:
- Period underwear is made from a single material, meaning there are no additional layers to add bulk or absorbency. This reduces the materials used in manufacturing and eliminates the need for extra packaging.
- Reduce the number of chemicals used in manufacturing.
Period undies use natural materials like bamboo or cotton, which don’t contain harmful chemicals like dioxin (a byproduct of bleaching) or formaldehyde (used as a preservative). These materials also breathe better than synthetics, so they won’t trap heat inside your body–which means less sweating! Plus, since these fabrics are breathable, they don’t need to be washed as often as synthetic underwear. You can rinse them out with plain water when they get dirty instead of throwing them into an industrial washing machine full of detergents designed specifically for synthetic fabrics.
There are several health benefits to wearing period undies.
- Less stress on the body: The uterus and cervix are not subjected to the pressure of the tampon string or pad, which can cause pain, irritation, and discomfort. This means that you will be less likely to experience cramps during your period.
- Less blood loss: When you use a tampon or pad, there is a risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS), an infection caused by bacteria entering your bloodstream through an opening in your vagina or anus. TSS is deadly if left untreated. However, it’s easy to prevent with proper hygiene practices such as washing hands before touching anything that goes into your body–including menstrual products like pads or tampons–and changing them every 4-6 hours instead of waiting until they’re full before replacing them with new ones because this increases exposure time for bacteria growth on both sides (inner & outer surfaces)
You can save a lot of money by switching to period underwear. Imagine how much you could save if you stopped buying tampons and pads altogether and used period underwear instead.
There’s no need to make an immediate switch. Start by purchasing one pair at first- maybe even two or three if money is tight- and then slowly add more as time goes on until all your undies are period-proofed (pun intended).
Period underwear can make life better.
- You can wear them all day.
- You can wear them to the gym.
- They’re easy to wash and dry quickly, so they’re more comfortable than regular underwear during heavy periods (which is often a problem for women who have been using tampons or pads).
If you’re looking for a way to make your period more comfortable, or if you want to stop worrying about leaks and stains, consider switching to period underwear. They are available in a wide range of styles and sizes so that every woman can find something that works best for her body type. Plus, they have all the benefits of regular underwear, like breathability and comfort.